DREAMS…..we all have them, we all have the special one we hope will come true.
We encourage the children to dream big and take on the world. Some questions we ask the children
- What can we dream about?
- What do we dream about?
- What do we dream about being when we grow up?
- What do we dream about doing at daycare?
- What do we dream about having for dinner?
- What do we dream about wearing?
- What colour do we dream about making?
- What doll do we dream about having?
- What construction do we dream about making?
- What painting do we dream about doing?
- What name do we dream about having?
- What house do we dream about living in?
- What holiday do we dream about going on?
- What toy do we dream about having?
- What character do we dream about being?
This form of intentional teaching and questioning allowed the children to use their imaginations. No one was right, no one was wrong. We were all just getting lost in our thoughts and being content with that.
There is so much to dream about…….
What would happen if one of our dreams came true?
We also looked at the value of offering the children open ended resources so they could be naturally curious about how different things worked or went together. Again by allowing this there was no right or wrong answer as open ended resources can be used in a number of ways. It is only limited by our imaginations. The use of our imaginations brings out our individual creativity. It is the process of using our imaginations and discovering new ways of doing things or new uses for objects that is important not so much the final product. By allowing children the time for the process we are helping children become confident and capable learners.